Blogging Birds

Blogging Birds

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Air France Jet Crash

First my sympathies with the Loss of the loved ones on this flight.

The mysterious accident is a puzzle, which someday National Geographic will show on its channel.

Many speculations so far. But let us wait till the debris is collected and some semblance of order is restored on the accident.

What sometimes puzzles me is the way, the accidents are either reported or addressed. The Air France plane disappeared after a certain time from the radar, so we know the time points and we know the speed of the aircraft and we know the path taken by the flight. So, what was so mysterious in locating the plane. Plus or Minus some miles and you cannot miss the plane.

And it took 2 days for the authorities to find out . And here I was making my Psyche work and announced that the plane debris would be around 467 kms from the Brazil shore. Hmmmmmm and I am wrong so far, it has been found 650 kms away. However, I should have done the maths myself and no need for a Psyche work.

However, sudden air accidents on account of storm or lightening is not really digestible by me. There is something more then that. I have had more then 1000 flights in my life and I know well, what happens in case of bad weather.

The only possible reason, which would come to my mind is that the fuel tank suddenly burst because of some short circuit , but not because of lightening, however, on account of some other failure and the plane went crashing. Otherwise, no matter how harsh the storm, the pilot always has time to manoeuvre and also sent distress signals.
The fuel tank burst would have ,most likely come out of air conditioning fault. Normal cause of over loading.

Let us wait and see, what the final reports are all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment